Saturday, April 27, 2013

Party List for "us"

Since the May elections is just around the corner, let's talk about something related to politics. I was browsing the Comelec website and I was actually looking for the list of senatorial candidates when I saw the candidates' list for party list (sounds redundant). I saw a specific party list for nurses. Then it suddenly hit me, do nurses belong to the marginalized and underpriveleged sector of our country? I guess the answer is yes because the Comelec qualified them to be a party list. First and foremost, I hope that nurses are not being represented by an opportunistic politician or a rich individual who has his/her own selfish goal. We already heard of these scumbags making a fool of our system. On the other hand, I do believe that nurses need the help of our government considering the lack of employment plus private companies trying to take advantage of these situation. If you have heard about the government program "RN heals", I personally think that it's more of a "RN hurts". Underpaid, less than 1 year contract nurses. I don't have to say much about that.
Now you're probably asking me what does this has to do with "us" Med Teks. The answer is a lot. Not only to us but other health professionals as well. While the government has its eyes on our nurses, other allied health professionals are being overlooked. No harm intended for the nurses. I just want to point out that Med Teks, rad techs, PT's, ECG techs and other health professionals should be represented as well. They are making laws to protect our nurses and give them jobs but how about the rest of us? They are trying to get extra plantilla positions for nurses in government hospitals but in the lab, Med Teks lack manpower too. Yes it's true. We lack manpower in the lab yet there is no salary increase to make us want to stay in the Philippines or attract Med Teks abroad to go back here and work. I would not say I envy the nurses because the government is trying to do something for them. I would rather say that the government should be able to do the same for all health professionals not just nurses.
Again, I would hope that maybe, just maybe, in the next election the health professionals would be represented (even behind a nurse's party list). It would be so much better if we could at least know that someone (or a party list) in the congress is making a bill or a law to protect our interest. It would be the best for all health pros to have a Party List that would hear us, fight for us, and represent us.





Tell your friends about medtek101.blogspot.com! God bless!






Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/MedTek101
Follow me on twitter @BuhayMedTek




Want to be a millionaire in 10-20 years? Get and Read this FREE ebook  by following this link... http://bosanchezmembers.com/amember/go.php?r=15799



DISCLAIMER: MedTek101 and/or the author of this blog are not recommending any party list or politician.

No comments:

Post a Comment