Tuesday, April 16, 2013

old friends, same laughter

It has been a couple of years seen I last met my classmates in college. I graduated three years ago... Psych! Let's just say I haven't seen them for a long time. Half of them are still Med Teks, but in different field of expertise if I may say. Some are in research, some are in the reference laboratory, one in the nuclear medicine department, and some are in the heart station. Less than half were doctors. And the remaining few have taken a different career, not related to healthcare. You can just imagine how hard it is to schedule a date that everyone could attend. The doctors are the hardest to get a free day. It seems like they do not rest. Maybe they really don't. Most of the Med Teks were free on the weekend. And yes, I know what you're thinking, only senior staffs get an off during the weekends. We're not old, we're an exception. Haha!
Amid all the trouble getting our schedules right, we finally had a day when everyone is free. Although we still had a few colleagues who really wished could be there.

The reunion, sort of,  was just crazy! It was a laugh trip. Everyone was just reminiscing the good old days. Everyone was just sharing stories that everybody still recalls. We all remembered this one time where we had to do an impromptu speech or act for our english class (I forgot what it was exactly but it was impromptu). I did a radio dj, one had to do a speech as a mayor, another one had to portray a diligent student. But the funniest ones were of course the unforgettable ones. My classmate, after reading what he has to do, just run across the front row and out of nowhere shouted "MOTHER!!!". Hahaha! I don't even know if you find it funny but it sure is to us. This was also the time when the infamous "CHETER" word was born, it's theatre actually. The group talked for hours about a lot of funny but memorable times during english class. I'm not sure why english class but I guess we were so active in this class. Kudos to Ma'am Aranda, I'm sure you're not reading this! We sang Bob Dylan songs (can't remember why). We sang the chorus ("the answer my friend is blowing in the wind!") but just hummed through the rest of the lyrics while our classmate who plays the guitar doesn't even know how to play the song. We did jazz chants or so we thought. I'm just happy I did not belong to other group who has to wear those stockings-like customes. Everyone was just laughing hard remembering all these. Even a phrase or just one word could make us smile. Examples are "Boneless", "RSJ",  "Kangaroo punch", any words that rhymes with "chu" and many more. Who could forget Angel or Jollibee or Jeds Tonegawa or Aprub? Even the bad things were funny. In Filipino class, we had to report something that involves a process or proceso. I was surprised that some could still remember that I did an Origami. But the professor got angry that one of my classmate showed how to make pastillas. I guess she got angry because everyone was just eating during and after the proceso. There are other stuff that were bad that seems funny now but I chose not to write it. Hahaha. If playing inside the lab is bad, then I guess playing outside is just fine. But what if your 6 foot tall classmate is spinning your less than 5 foot classmate around like a centrifuge machine? I guess they had fun, they called  their game: Centrifuge-Centrifuge.
And of course, back then we celebrate everyday for no apparent reason. So you could just imagine how we celebrate birthdays! Party?! That's just too lame for us. We went wild and had a trip to Manila Zoo! Hahaha. Those were the good old days.

We also talked about what we do now. How our lives are after college. But every time we talked about the present, it just connects everything to our college days. Then it ends up with a story back when we were still Med Tek students. We had a lot of fun back in college. The lectures and lab works were definitely taken seriously but with our class, it all felt light. The day we had was a crazy day to say the least. Everyone was just talking if we can do it again. Maybe not next month. Maybe next year. Or maybe after a couple more.  But the bottom line is, we very much missed each other's company. And hell yeah, we're going to do this again.




Support my good friend and fellow Med Tek Dr. Lyka Medrano and get a copy of her book by following this link... http://central.com.ph/bookstoreplus/products/AAC248/





Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/MedTek101
Follow me on twitter @BuhayMedTek




Want to be a millionaire in 10-20 years? Get and Read this FREE ebook  by following this link... http://bosanchezmembers.com/amember/go.php?r=15799

3 comments:

  1.  Looking back, everything seemed light and fun because we all enjoyed the simplest of things. As they always say "birds of the same feather flock together!" 😊 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would cherish it highly if you would deliver me an e-mail content of Make PCB utilizing a laser printer.
    Likewise, if offered, I would certainly such as to have any
    of the write-up discussed in your article.
    Thanks !!

    Feel free to visit my homepage ... xerox phaser 8560n

    ReplyDelete