Friday, December 28, 2012

New year's resolution

I was never really a fan of new year's resolution. You tend to do it in the first few days of the year then back to the old ways again. I remember back in elementary and high school, my teachers will tell us to make an essay of our very own new year's resolution. Of course, I was forced to make up some devious resolutions. I always write something about doing my assignments and doing better at exams. On the next year, I'll probably write the same thing.

Now as a professional, new year's resolution seems more of a responsibility. It's probably the best time to change for the better. In the laboratory, we usually change some lab procedures or work instructions just to make things work better in the lab. Some labs start to change their logbooks at the start of the year, some changes their scrub suits or buy new sets of uniforms and some even hire new staffs for the start of the year.
On a personal level, my new year's resolution was always to have a good attendance sheet. No absents, no tardy! And yes, I WAS always tardy. For the last few years, I was most of the time late. But this year, I am proud to say that for the first time in my professional career, I probably had just one or two tardies. I don't want to owe it all to my new year's resolution. It's more of a I-got-a-new-job-and-I-have-to-make-a-good-impression kinda thing. Hahaha!  Oh well, I'm not suggesting that you should not make a new year's resolution. People make new year's resolution just so that when someone asks them, they would have something to say. Make a resolution if you really want to change. Whatever makes you better as a professional and as a person is up solely up to you. It's the start of the year; it's a good way to start anew.


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!



Share to all Med Teks, and health professionals!


Please comment or share your New Year's resolution (if you have one). Thank you and God bless!


Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/MedTek101
Follow me on twitter @BuhayMedTek

No comments:

Post a Comment