Monday, October 8, 2012

Do you like your co-worker?


I hope you do! hahaha! You see your co-workers, your officemates or your lab mates at least five times a week. There are times that you even get tired just by looking at their faces. But, you don't have much choice don't you? It's either you quit your job or you get along. Honestly, every employee should be team-oriented. You have to trust each other to be able to reach your company's goals. Although in some offices or labs, there are some sorts of politics to be able to advance each other. Some play nice, some are a**-kissers and some are just there for the ride. Some will even use your weakness for their strength, but don't mind them, just pray for them and continue working. We can't deny that truth but we have to still try and work well with the others.
I guess I'm still fortunate to have always been around good co-workers. I remember one time when I had a job interview in Makati for a non-laboratory but office-type Med Tek position, the HR personnel asked me if I was a team player. I answered her that I'm not just a team player, we're not just a team in the lab, we are all friends. I think, though maybe impossible in some cases, that it goes beyond professionalism to be able to work harmoniously. I said "work harmoniously", not perfect, just as friends as imperfect right? So, if you're working in the hospital right now, or any offices for that matter, be a friend. That is the best way to "survive" your co-workers, perhaps the only way to like your co-workers. 



P.S. You also have to like people outside your office. I remember my former supervisor; she once told me that I should be able to get acquainted not only with the people inside the laboratory but also to the people outside of the laboratory. She even added that a person inside the lab has no choice but to work with you, they will eventually socialize with you and perhaps be close to you. People outside, on the other hand, you need to do a little something extra to get acquainted to. It's actually a good point. In the future, I assure you that these "outside" friends/co-employees will definitely be a lot of help.  




I end my blog with a shout-out from a former professor who I think most of us Med Teks know.

"you need not to be so intelligent to practice medical technology in the Philippines for me... the most important in a co-worker is the ability to work harmoniously with all types of people in and out of the laboratory!"

 - Prof. Rodolfo Rabor




Please subscribe or comment. Thank you and God bless!


Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/MedTek101
Follow me on twitter @BuhayMedTek

2 comments:

  1. Sinabi nya talaga yun? exact words?! bakit di ko yata narinig yun?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did. check his facebook account, go to october 7. other med teks even re-posted it. Ü

      Delete